If you currently use AWeber to manage your email subscribers and are tired of manually importing your subscribers phone information to send a voice or text message, you’re going to love this video walkthrough.
In this video, you’ll learn exactly how to integrate Call Loop into your AWeber web forms to automatically build your mobile subscriber base.
Step By Step Instructions
- Get your free Call Loop account.
If you do not have a Call Loop account yet, you can sign up for free.
- After you login to your Call Loop account, you will need to create a group. A group could be new subscribers, customers, leads, or any group of contacts you wish to store in Call Loop. Do this by clicking on the "Create a New Group" button on the Group tab of your account.
- On the next page, you will want to name your group. In this example we will name the group "Newsletter Subscribers."
If you would like to receive an email notification for every contact that is added to your AWeber list from Call Loop, click the "YES/NO" button for the "Notifications" section. This feature is turned off by default.
Next, check the checkbox for "Click here to connect to your integration provider (optional)."
A drop down menu will appear for selecting a "Provider." From that drop down menu, select "AWeber".
Next, you will need to enter in the thank you page URL where you would like to send your user to after they opt-in to your AWeber sign up form. So, in this example we are specifying http://www.example.com/thankyou.html as the thank you page.
Next, you will want to specify where Call Loop will find the subscribers phone number information in your AWeber account. So, if you created a custom field within AWeber to capture the subscribers phone number information into, then you would want to list that field name with "custom_" in front of it. So, in this example, if our custom field was called "phone" then we would input "custom_phone" for the "AWeber Phone Field."
Finally, click the "Create Group" button.
- On the next page you will need to copy your unique URL generated. This unique URL is tied to this group and will be used as the thank you page URL that AWeber asks for when creating your sign up forms.
- Now you will want to navigate to your AWeber account. In your account click on the "Sign Up Forms" tab.
Then you will want to click on the sign up form that you want this integration to be associated with. In this example we will click on a form called "Newsletter Subscribers."
- Once the sign up form generator is open, you will want to click on the "Go To Step 2" button.
- You will then be taken to the "Basic Settings" page for your form. On that page you will see options for a "Thank You Page" page and an "Already Subscribed Page." From the drop down for both of these you will want to select "Custom Page" and in the input field that appears you will want to paste in the thank you page URL that you copied from step 4.
Next, click on "Show Advanced Settings."
From the options that appear, you will want to check the "Pass Form Data" checkbox.
Click the "Save Your Form" button.
- Publish your sign up form and place it on your website. Now the integration is complete! As new subscribers opt-in with their phone information, they will automatically be stored inside your Call Loop group.
NOTE - If you get a 404 error when submitting your form and you use Wordpress for your website, check out this article for a solution.